rlm_cache and ntlm_auth

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 13:26:20 CET 2013

Probably a simple question, but I've Googled it and I can't find the answer.

Is it possible to wrap an ntlm_auth backend in rlm_cache? Our active
directory is frequently quite slow. If we were able to grab at least
some of these authentications from the cache I think it would help a lot.

I don't know exactly what data is returned from NTLM, is it cacheable or
does it have to be fresh each time? By the fact that I haven't found any
mention of anyone doing this, I suspect it's probably not possible.

Thanks,
Jonathan