EAP-TLS Authentication fails( TLS_accept: error in SSLv3 read client certificate B)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 27 15:24:23 CET 2013

Esma Yalcinkaya wrote:
> Then, created certificates via "bootstap", "make" and "make client"
> commands. Import them to glassfish with keytool:

  Does glassfish do EAP?

> However, when I sent an eap-tls authentication request, I took following
> error:
>     TLS_accept: error in SSLv3 read client certificate B
> rlm_eap: SSL error error:140890C7:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:peer did not return a certificate

  The end user system isn't sending over a client certificate.

> I read a lot about this issue, but I could not figure out what is missing.

  You'll have to debug the non-FreeRADIUS portion.  It's the one which
is causing the authentication to fail.  See it's debugging logs for details.

  You may need to install the server cert on it, tho that shouldn't be
necessary.