lifetime of dynamic clients

steve at comitcon.be steve at comitcon.be
Wed Oct 2 20:06:23 CEST 2013

Alan

first of all thank you for replying although I must sense quite some
hostility in your replies. On the other hand, I have read previous emails
coming from your end and this appears to be the way you respond.

Secondly I have read the documentation, but RTFM still appears to be the
common way of responding (even after using Linux for over 15 years).

Thirdly , the case below is a true real life situation, which does not
only occur only for me, but also for other. Even though the module is not
officially supported (maybe for the reason there are) it is in today's
world . You can decide, be a bernstein (like qmail) or adopt to a real
life situation. (Btw, if this was such uncommon, how come I find as many
question on it as there are. If YFI is actually supporting this, there
must be a need. Even if it is not meant like that.

Fourhtly, the issue I have has nothing to do with the whole running of
rlm_raw or any alike. Authentication works fine and as expected.

And yes I have read the statements on caching , what is used and even the
disclaimer that only the src ip is supported. So don't become patronising
that I didn't. I also scrobbled google for quite some time and I have read
the debug more than you can think. But guess what? If the only output
after authentication is
adding client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with shared secret

it does not state
a) lifetime
b) anything else usefull.

Now I am running radmin show client list and see the IP appear. I am now
testing when it disappear.

Please refrain from responding if it will only be a load of 'you did not
do this or that', while you have no clue on what I read or already have
done. If the response is coming to the basic question
"how can I check the lifetime of a dynamic client" feel free.

Elsewise, let's keep this clean for people willing to find the proper
solution.

Best regards

Steve