Problem with Cisco WLC probes in FR 2.2.1

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 7 12:31:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Well you want the probes to go through and hit your backed authentication servers,
> and your databases, and any external resource.

..and get a valid user with access accept?  bad. you are better off just semding a reject -
just like RADIUS status server probes.  it would be nice if the WISM would do proper
RADIUS status-server probe instead....but since cisco want you to buy ACS/ISE and that doesnt
do nice things - then I guess we can live in hope

- after all, if you were REALLY going to validate what the WISM and RADIUS server
can do, you'd want your status check to go through your remote RADIUS server
proxies....as the user might be a visitor or from some 3rd party org that you peer
with - then we get into the whole business of the status probes being more
intelligent with multiple realms etc etc... this is WAY off topic now ;-)

alan