Managing Data Volume Control More Than 4GB FR & CoovaChilli

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Oct 8 14:16:29 CEST 2013

> It might actually be an idea to add those to the internal dictionary to make it a bit easier.

Just to clarify there are two reasons why your current config isn't working:
1. rlm_sql stores the value as a proper 64bit integer, not in the two 32bit chunks represented by Acct-Input-Gigawords and Acct-Input-Octets. When this value is pulled out into rlm_sqlcounter the value is truncated because internally it only deals with 32bit unsigned ints. I've now fixed this.

2. You're comparing gigawords to bytes, with no conversion, so even with the updated module you'll find the user is rejected way way too early.

You also invented "counter-type" and "check-unit" config pairs. The server isn't magic, just because it doesn't error out, doesn't mean it knows about those config pairs or will use values assigned to them.

FreeRADIUS Development Team