Changing User Profile after depletion of set Volume

Mulindwa meric_l at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 19:22:03 CEST 2013

Thanks Phil,

What am looking at is this,

1. User is assigned a profile with 2GB
2. Once profile of 2GB is depleted, he is assigned another profile of say 100MB
3. Once that one is depleted he is assigned another profile.

Eric M

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:59 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

On 08/10/13 17:40, Mulindwa wrote:
> Dear pple,
> I have looked for this and failed to get it, i have users with set
> volume limits and they get knocked off once they hit the limit, however
> ; i want to have this taken to the next level, i.e once the limit is
> hit, the user's profile be changed and they can only get to certain
> website /URL/IPs  .
>
> How can i achieve this?

1. See if your NAS supports these features - filter by URL/IP. If it
doesn't, you can't do anything.

2. If the NAS supports the features, see how you can trigger them on a
user or session. It's possible you can apply the filters with a CoA
packet, in which case you could generate the CoA directly inside
FreeRADIUS - see the examples that come with the server.

3. If you have to trigger the features some other way (poke via CLI,
SNMP, HTTP/REST/SOAP API) then write a script to apply the filter to the
session and use the FreeRADIUS "exec" module to trigger it.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html