unlang - delete attribute - !*

Hachmer, Tobias Tobias.Hachmer at stadt-frankfurt.de
Wed Oct 9 08:05:56 CEST 2013

Hello list,

I want to delete one reply attribute from the reply list if the access-request is originating not from a special NAS-IP-Address.

Currently I have solved this by adding this unlang code in authorize section:

        if(!NAS-IP-Address == x.x.x.x) {
                update reply {
                        Aruba-Admin-Role := ""

The man page of unlang says:
!*     Delete all occurances of the named attribute, no matter what the value.

I think this is the better way than just to clear the attribute value. But how can I use this, what's the correct syntax?

I have tested the following without success:

Aruba-Admin-Role !* ""
Aruba-Admin-Role !*
!* Aruba-Admin-Role

Thanks in advance,