Generating timing stats for ntlm_auth

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 13:56:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Thu Oct 10 11:52:16 2013 : Info: WARNING: Module rlm_eap became
> unblocked for request 47516341
>
> ...since the return of our students this year.
>
> I am 99% sure this is ntlm_auth being slow, and I have a strong
> suspicion this is related to some changes in our AD infrastructure
> over the summer.

I've contacted our AD guys about a couple of tweaks they can do for 'legacy'
authentications (as microsoft call it) - but I'm also looking at
samba4 - as it has a new option that will balance ntlm_auth against
all known boxes rather than the first box it latches onto - to spread
the load.

I'm also now getting suspicious about a couple of tuesday patches
that got deployed over summer...

(we're also thinking about EAP-TLS again ;-) )

alan