Generating timing stats for ntlm_auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 10 14:45:36 CEST 2013

Phil Mayers wrote:
> In order to prove this to the AD team, I need to gather some timing
> stats for ntlm_auth; can anyone think of an easy way to do this within
> FreeRADIUS?

  I had patches for this a while ago.  But they won't apply to the
current code.

  The idea was to update the modsingle struct to have an "elapsed"
entry/array.  Then, call_modsingle() calls gettimeofday() before and
after the call to the module.  It takes the elapsed time, and updates
the modsingle struct.

  After a few more hooks, you can get at the stats via radmin.

> Any obvious/easy thing I'm missing?

  Nope.  Instrumentation is hard.