Error messages in debug on 3.0

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Oct 11 00:39:37 CEST 2013

On 10 Oct 2013, at 22:23, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Phil Mayers wrote:
>> I've just ported our config to 3.0 and I'm seeing a few error messages;
>> they don't seem to be critical but are concerning me.
>>
>> Specifically I'm seeing:
>>
>> ERROR: Conditional evaluation failed due to internal sanity check.
>
>  That should be fixed.  Either it can be deleted, or reworded.

I've reworded it. The code in master actually tells you what was wrong, but the changes
were quite extensive so it didn't get ported to v3.0.x.

I've also removed the error on accessing a request which doesn't exist, so presence checks work as expected.

The actual presence check itself is ok.

In radius_evaluate_tmpl:

	case VPT_TYPE_ATTR:
	case VPT_TYPE_LIST:
		if (radius_vpt_get_vp(request, vpt) != NULL) {
			rcode = true;
		} else {
			rcode = false;
		}
		break;

Which works for

if (outer.request:Attribute)

and

if (outer.request)

It's just one of the functions called to convert the enumerated request type to an actual REQUEST threw an error when the request didn't exist.

FreeRADIUS Development Team