clone break freeradius

trevor obba trevor_obba at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 01:38:16 CEST 2013

I configured freeradius version 2.2.0 running on Ubuntu 12.04
to authenticate against active directory and it is working fine until I decide
to clone (vmware) the machine.

Once the machine is clone I changed the IP address, hostname
in (/etc/hosts and /etc/hostname) and also changed the name in
/etc/samba/smb.conf

Finally I tried to join the clone machine using “net join –U
administrator” unfortunately this break the original freeradius machine by no
longer authenticating to active directory and the clone machine will not join
the Domain also.
I think the clone machine is still referring the original machine
which breaks the original machine unfortunately I do not know how to fix it.

How do I fix the original machine?
What else do I change on the clone machine so that I can
successfully join it to domain with breaking the original machine?