Generating timing stats for ntlm_auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 15 13:54:12 CEST 2013

Martin Ubank wrote:
> As reported to Alan (at eduroam-uk-support), we are also seeing load problems at peak times with similar/identical error messages as those reported in this thread.
> We are running FreeRadius 2.2.0 on two CentOS 6 VMs, with Kerberos 1.8.2-3.el6 & Samba and Winbind 3.5.6-86.el6.

  Hmm... it could be an ntlm_auth issue.  Maybe moving to pipes as Phil
suggested would help.

 In any case, it's not new in 2.2.1.  So I think it's time to release 2.2.2.

> Is there anything we can do here at UWE to help identify the general problem?

  Set the exec timeout to 1s.  It should take less than a second to run
ntlm_auth.  If it takes more than a second, something is wrong.  And
you're probably better off dropping the connection than waiting 30s for
a timeout.