mac authentication, log rejected device in radius.log

Bertalan Voros bertalan.voros at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 16:53:15 CEST 2013

Hello All

I have freeradius set up with eap and mac authentication, all is well
thanks to the excellent documentation and this list.

I have one question, I would like to log a message in radius.log when a
device is rejected based on its mac address.
I would like to put a message saying that the device was unauthorised and
the Calling-Station-Id into the radius.log logfile.

Is that possible.

        authorized_macs
        if (!OK) {
                reject and write reason for rejection into radius.log
        }

Currently the log entry is the same for a mistyped password and a rejected
mac address.

Thanks and best regards,
Bertalan Voros