SQL fields not lining up

Scott Pettit - Vorco SPettit at vorco.net
Sun Oct 20 05:19:08 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Running FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.10.

I have a happily working FreeRADIUS + mySQL backend setup, however in the
radacct table it seems FreeRADIUS just dumps fields in the order of what
it has.

For example I store nastxspeed and nasrxspeed and disccauseext.

Some sessions end and store the tx speed, rx speed and cause in the
correct field, but other sessions I end up with the remote-id in the tx
speed field, then tx speed in the rx field, rx speed in the disccauseext
field.

It seems as if the RADIUS server completely ignores the field names, so if
it has a missing attribute on a session or an additional attribute, the
entire accounting row moves left or right and continues on rather than
leaving a blank field if it didn¹t have an attribute.

Is this something I can fix by getting FreeRADIUS to somehow explicitly
put each attribute in the appropriate field?

-Scott

 The content of this message and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or sensitive. Any unauthorised used is prohibited. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where stated otherwise with appropriate authority. All pricing provided is valid at the time of writing only and due to factors such as the exchange rate, may change without notice. Sales are made subject to our Terms & Conditions, available on our website or on request.