exec module bash script authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 20 22:35:39 CEST 2013

Ahmet Hakan wrote:
> I have separate databases; mysql, ldap and Microsoft SQL
> so I need multiple authentication.

  No.  Databases store data.  They do NOT do authentication.

  FreeRADIUS is an authentication server.  It pulls information from a
database.  It uses that information to authenticate the user.

> is multiple authentication possible  in freeradius? if yes, how?

  You're asking the wrong question.  This is because the server doesn't
work the way you think.

  What you SHOULD do (and what everyone else does) is to determine WHICH
database to use, in the "authorize" section.  Maybe you can look at the
user name (user at example.com, versus user at exampleorg), or you can look at
the NAS (dial-up versus DSL), or something else.

  Use that information to decide which database to query.  Then,
FreeRADIUS will authenticate the user.