Hashing Cleartext password to md5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 24 15:44:12 CEST 2013

Puzzel wrote:
> Yes i know that.

  No, you clearly don't.  Or, some other part is missing, and you're not
telling us what it is.

> On wifi i'm usign eap-ttls pap nad this is working well but
> My device is using Captive Portal for authenticate users and this is
> firewall.

  That's all fine.

> FW makes requests with passwords in plain text.

  Which is fine.

> I didn't find anything about how to change it on this firewall,

  You don't.

> so i need to try hash passwords in requests from this device with specific
> domain name.

  No.

  FreeRADIUS knows how to take a User-Password, and compare it to an MD5
hashed password.  You just need to tell the server the MD5-Password.
You don't have to do *anything else*.

  As with many issues on this list, you're asking about a *solution*.
The problem is, the solution you've come up with is based on faulty
assumptions.  So it's wrong.  Absolutely, completely, and totally wrong.

  Take a step back.  Look at the *problem*.  Try running the server in
debugging mode, as suggested in the FAQ, "man" page, web pages, and
nearly daily on this list.  LOOK at the debug output.  READ IT.

  Odds are the solution will be simple.  If it isn't post the debug
output to this list.  We can then help you.