freeradius 3 ldap

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sat Oct 26 11:27:17 CEST 2013

On 25 Oct 2013, at 21:04, Davide Garofalo <davide.garofalo at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, I tried to follow your advice but I do not think I've followed the right path
> I created a new virtual_server named 'test' for client localhost in clients.conf file.
> In sites-enebled directory, i created a new file named test that include server test { ... .... }, but the results is the same error.

*sigh*

No, it’s referring to instances of the module… Why would a different virtual server require a different LDAP Group attribute?

ldap <instance> {

}

will result in

<instance>-LDAP-Group being registered

Which you should then use as

<instance>-LDAP-Group == "foo"

-Arran

> Approximately, you know when you distribute a new version of freeradius?
> one week or some months? ;)

Faster when people test the code so we can be sure it works. Should be a week or two. But honestly with v3.0.x there are no major code changes, -v includes the git commit hash, there's no reason to not run that in production.

FreeRADIUS Development Team