DHCP reply not leaving machine

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 28 14:28:22 CET 2013

Rok Kosir wrote:
> when using gdb i once got this error:

  As luck would have it, I just pushed a fix 5 minutes ago.  Do a "git
pull", and it should go away.

> The error doesn't happen always, so i'm not sure if it's connected to
> dhcp problem.

  Maybe...

> i have tried different scenarios, direct cable connection, connection
> via switch, same result..
> When I manually set IP on dhcp client machine it was able to ping/ssh
> the radius server.

  I've been running tests myself.  Virtual machines don't seem to work
well for DHCP testing.  Packets get randomly lost.  A simple cross-over
cable works best.

  I can get it to consistently reply, so that's a step.

  The next step is to bypass the normal socket code, and do the typical
DHCP server thing of creating && sending raw packets.  I may be able to
get that in today.