Per nas simultaneous-use limit

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 31 14:00:34 CET 2013

ST Wong (ITSC) wrote:
> We want to per user limit login to 4 for particular NAS.  I added
> following in users:
>
> DEFAULT     Huntgroup-Name == "broadband", Simultaneous-Use := 4
>         Fall-Through = Yes

  Which sets the Simultaneous-Use limit for all users of that huntgroup.

  If you want to limit it for particular users, why not add that
condition, too?

> Is seems the limit of 4 is for all users in the same NAS instead of
> particular users.   We’re using 2.2.0.  Would anyone advise?   Thanks lot.

  Add rules which set Simultaneous-Use for particular users.  What else
would you do?

  Don't write rules for each user.  Instead, put those users into a
group, and key off of that.  See "man rlm_passwd" for examples.