my Radius goal radius and openldap.

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Sep 10 00:54:18 CEST 2013

On 9 Sep 2013, at 23:00, "Swenson, Chris" <cswenson at curry.edu> wrote:

> I already have functioning openldap with SSL. (actually a neat little multi master setup.)
> I would like to get this radius to authenticate against the openldap.

You have plaintext passwords then?

> I have dug around Google and found some useful looking pages, but I wonder if anybody has any hot tips on this so I don’t feel like I am completely reinventing the wheel.

Use FreeRADIUS 3.0.0-rc1, the LDAP module is SIGNIFICANTLY better.

For redundancy/resilience you can either just point the module at a round-robin FQDN, or set a comma delimited list of servers in the 'server' config item, libldap handles the failover.

FreeRADIUS Development Team