FreeRadius DHCP against LDAP

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Sep 13 21:30:00 CEST 2013

On 13 Sep 2013, at 19:47, Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr> wrote:

> On 13/9/2013 9:35 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>

>> Where can I find the v3.0.0 source branch?
>
> Oh, I found it and it includes a spec file for redhat: https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/release_branch_3.0.0/redhat
>
> Is the spec file in a well-working condition? (I might test, but knowing beforehand helps things. :-) )

It is, yes.

V3.0.0 was slated for release this week, but were waiting on feedback from one of the testers for a potentially critical bug in proxying code.

It would be good to try the DHCP code out with 3.0.0. IIRC the logic hasn't changed significantly, but the change of memory allocator has touched many areas of the code including DHCP.

If you're going to try out 3.0.0 then i'd use the release branch, and i'd do it now instead of waiting for the official release.  There'll be very few code changes between the release branch and the final released version.

The advantage of testing now is that bugs (if there are any) get fixed now, so you can deploy and official version which works for you on your production servers, instead of waiting a couple of months for the next official release.

FreeRADIUS Development Team