Last call for Version 2.2.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 16 17:08:24 CEST 2013

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> ..so many new features... thought 3.x was where the new features and dev work was going into ;-)

  Well, yes.  2.2.1 has a lot of tiny features that are minor code
changes.  v3 is nearly everything re-written or updated.  Those
re-writes allow the addition of major new features.

  Oh, and v3 is *smaller* than v2, even with the new features.  Not by a
lot, but it's definitely smaller.  That means (long term) fewer bugs,
and more stability.

> PS has anyone tested it with MariaDB? Wondering if its 100% drop-in compatible?

  It's 100% drop-in compatible from what I've seen.