Active Directory authentication question

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:39:40 CEST 2013

Sorry, so I'm a bit confused...

I'm using Windows 7 clients for accesing the WiFi network through
EAP-TLS with X.509 certificates. But in this way, I could see that I
can authenticate users or hosts...if I choose users, I can see a
dialog box to fill user and password and I suppose they are checked
against MySQL database (because I see the query in debug mode). Is
this correct or not ???

And finally, if I use EAP-TLS with X.509 certificates, do you mean I
don't need to use the authentication against the active directory
database ??? Maybe this is easier to me because I've put EAP-TLS to
work.

Thanks a lot,

Roberto