DHCP relaying

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Thu Sep 19 14:21:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to ask how we can direct FR dhcp server (using an ldap
backend) to relay to another dhcp server.

The idea is that we have a db of known MAC addresses which have an
associated VLAN (assigned during MAC Auth) and a static IP address
(assigned through FR dhcp server). If a MAC address is unknown, we would
like to be able to relay to another dhcp server which will be
responsible for dynamic IP address allocation (because, as I understand,
FR does not support dynamic IP address allocation) on a private IP
address range, with limited access.

What will be the "command" to use for relaying?

Thanks in advance,
Nick