ubuntu postgresql unknown client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 19 19:22:47 CEST 2013

rich carroll wrote:
> I am having problems getting freeradius with ubuntu and postgres to
> work. I have set up this setup on freebsd several time successfully. I
> believe that it is not checking the database at all. Below is my radtest
> command and my debug command.

  It's not using Postgresql because you haven't told it to use SQL.
Notice that there's no "sql" in the debug output.

> My configs are identical to my configs on a working freebsd server.

  No, they're not.

> I would be happy to share what ever ones would be helpfull.

  The debug output is all that's needed.

> I can uncomment the client.conf file out of the radiusd.conf and set my
> nas in it and get a password error. Which you would expect if it wasn't
> reading from accounts from the db also.

  Because you didn't tell it to read user information from SQL.

> I installed freeraduis-postgresql normally I would have just installed
> freeradius and configured it to use postgres.

  Really?  If you configure sql.conf, then that *isn't* enough.  Read
raddb/sites-available/default, and look for "sql".