The Operation of SQL module

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Sep 20 15:27:45 CEST 2013

On 20 Sep 2013, at 13:55, Mehdi Ravanbakhsh <babakco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> for some reason (change database structure and limitation on sql module for sql connection and ...)  i need to develop something like SQL module to exchange check data  in all section on my database .
>
> so in need to know what exactly sql module do in each section ( such as authorize , authenticate, accounting , ...).
>
> i can not find any detailed document on this.

authorize - Retrieves info about the user from radcheck, radreply, radgroupcheck, radgroup reply

Functions in a very similar way to the users file

authenticate - Can't be listed (server won't start).

post-auth - Writes entries to the post-auth tables

accounting - Modifies accounting records.

> i just know that i should read all check data and fill them in related attribute (control attribute) in authorize  section and for  accounting section i need to update database  by  request attribute that received .

Right...

> i think that i miss something but i can not find ....
>

> can any one help on this ?
>
> do we have any list of attribute that i should  fill in any section ?  specially in authenticate section that other module need information from database (check attribute).

Yes the *-Password attributes, e.g. SHA1-Password, Cleartext-Password etc... You need to retrieve a 'known good' or 'reference' password in authorize, to enable authentication.

FreeRADIUS Development Team