Facing Problem in Asterisk peer Authentication with Freeradius.

Husnain Taseer husnain.taseer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 12:27:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to authenticate asterisk peer using freeradius I am using asterisk
12.0.0 and Freeradius 2.2.1. I have configured freeradius correctly as I am
able to authenticate user saved in users file from the terminal by using
"radclient" command from the terminal. but when I try to register peer in
asterisk the freeradius authentication doesn't work. Even I don't get any
request from asterisk server in radius logs.

My sip.conf configuration is :

[1000]
type=friend
context=test
auth_type=radius
host=dynamic

and user credentials are placed in /usr/local/etc/raddb/users as:

1000 Cleartext-Password := "password"

Please Help me in this regard.