Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 101, Issue 50

paul trader fliptop at igolinux.com
Mon Sep 23 20:14:26 CEST 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 at 18:49, Rui Ribeiro opined:

RR:Your not crazy for sure. The problem authenticating with Windows boxen
RR:is that they only support MSCHAPv2… kudos to Microsoft.

hi rui - thanks for that, although my family and co workers may disagree!

according to this wiki faq entry:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/faq#How-do-I-make-Windows-XP-clients-use-only-PAP-%28Not-CHAP%29

it's possible to force ms to use pap.  somehow, though, after reading
another reply to my post, i'm getting the feeling ms clients are munging
something in the username because it's not being found in the users file.

regards, paul