Active Directory authentication question

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 17:49:13 CEST 2013

On 09/24/2013 10:16 AM, Roberto Carna wrote:
> Dear, I'm advancing in the Freeradius + AD authentication....just a
> short question: when I want to make the eapol_test tool, I get this
> error:
>
> # make eapol_test
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnl
> make: *** [eapol_test] Error 1

Basic software development isn't really a topic for this list. You
should really look elsewhere for information on how to build and install
on your chosen platform. You also need to understand error messages. But
just to get you going

cannot find -lnl

means the linker cannot find the libnl library, therefore you need to
install the libnl-devel package for your distribution. The devel package
because includes the files you need during development as opposed to
runtime.

--
John