EAP-PEAP GTC vs MSCHAPv2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 27 18:50:00 CEST 2013

Don wrote:
> Nothing secret, as I said I tried both configuration (one at a time)
> inside "gtc" sub-section of eap.conf.

  That's a problem.  NOTHING in the documentation or examples says to do
that.  LOTS of documentation and examples give the CORRECT way to use
ntlm_auth.

> I did that, but that didn't work.

  See the FAQ for "it doesn't work"

> Perhaps I didn't configure the
> ntlm_auth module though there is modules/ntlm_auth created when I
> configured EAP-MSCHAPv2 with ntlm_auth.

  Perhaps you could try following the examples on deployingradius.com,
or the examples distributed with the server.

> My understanding about RADIUS is that client sends AccessRequest and
> wait for either: AccessReject, AccessAccept, or AccessChallenge. If it
> gets AccessChallenge and later gets another AccessChallenge again, it
> will response, until it gets AccessAccept or AccessReject. The client
> that I am using is NetMotion Mobility XE.

  Which is all useless and irrelevant.  I asked about the EAP-GTC spec,
not RADIUS.

> Thank you once again for your response. Apologize if I am wasting your
> time, not my intention.

  If you ask questions on this list, you need to follow the instructions
we give.  Doing anything else is rude.

  You've been very careful to say as little as possible about what
you're doing.  You've also been careful to NOT follow the documentation
or examples.

  That explains why you're having issues making it work.