update NAS

Benoit goony at hotmail.fr
Fri Apr 4 00:26:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've been looking up how to reload my SQL NAS list without having to restart the service, and found this command:

kill -1 `cat /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid`

I checked and the freeradius.pid file is there, and if I run the command it seems to work since no error returns. But it does not seem to affect the freeradius process and my updated clients list is still not recognized.

Is this the way to proceed? What can I be missing?

Anyways I was wondering, if I restart the freeradius service, will the current connections (and/or their accounting) be lost or affected? Or is it just a problem if someone tries to connect exactly when the service restarts?

Benoit