DHCP module and external DHCP relay

Eugene Grosbein fr at grosbein.net
Fri Apr 4 20:34:57 CEST 2014

On 05.04.2014 01:18, Alan DeKok wrote:

>> But when DHCP relay stays in front of FreeRADIUS, request drops
>> and bad queueing happen due to wrong assumptions in its code
>> that looks for duplicates in the queue of requests.
>
>   You've said that already.  How about providing some *evidence*, like
> debug output?

Hmm. I've shown some log lines in the very first message of this thread.
I could post hundreds of lines on dropping "duplicate" requests that
are not duplicates but why pollute the list?

>> These assumptions
>> are just fine for RADIUS protocol and they are fine for DHCP without relays
>> but they are plain wrong when all DHCP requests come from single MAC address
>> of DHCP relay.
>
>   You've said that already.

I've shown the code in another message.

>   You've also said that there are bugs with 2.2.4, but you refuse to say
> what those are.

I just don't want to discuss 2.2.4 for now mixing completely different problems.
May be in another thread. And I'm not asking for help with 2.2.4-specific problems.

>   So... you're asking for help, but you're refusing to provide any
> useful information.  That is rude and anti-social.
>
>   I can't help you until you say something useful.

Sorry, not meant to be rude. I will supply any details needed to solve our DHCP problem.
But please leave 2.2.4-specific coredumps aside for now, that's much more complex problem.

Eugene Grosbein