DHCP module and external DHCP relay

Eugene Grosbein fr at grosbein.net
Fri Apr 4 20:47:38 CEST 2014

On 05.04.2014 01:28, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   You're changing your story.  It's annoying.

Not meant to. May be, I have not describe the case right at first.

>   The server IS blocking.  The server IS NOT dropping duplicates.

Then why I have lots of lines telling be of dropping duplicate requests like I've shown?

>   You've posted 2 lines of debug output showing that the server is blocking.
>
>   You've posted ZERO debug output showing that the server is dropping
> duplicates.

"Discarding duplicate request from client dhcp port 67 - ID: 1381353109 due to unfinished request 14280311"

If this line does not show that the server is dropping duplicates,
why it uses words "discarding" and "duplicate request"?

>   Your explanation about the relay putting it's own MAC address into the
> CHADDR fields makes ZERO sense.

Ok, may be my analysis is wrong at this point. I'll return to this matter
on Monday, repeating my tests and supplying more logs.

By the way, xid by itself should not be used as "unique" client id
without additional details like client MAC, option 82 field (if supplied) etc.

I'm ready to move to 3.0.2, too.