freeradius 1.1.8 help

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Apr 8 23:57:03 CEST 2014

On 8 Apr 2014, at 22:47, Stacy Trippe <strippe at corp.tecinfo.net> wrote:

> I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to upgrade an old 0.8.1 server running on FreeBSD 4.7 to something in the current decade...   any help appreciated...

Version 1.1.8 has been unsupported for almost a decade. It will not be receiving any more bug fixes.

If you really want to continue with 1.1.8 which is almost certainly a very bad idea. Use the stock
1.1.8 config which works, and copy changes across from 0.8.1.

The SEGV is in the config parser, so the older 0.8.1 config probably triggered an edge condition.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team