NTLMv2 with FreeRADIUS

John McCarthy midactsmystery at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 02:13:27 CEST 2014

Thank you for the breakdown of what each of those do. That definitely helps
me understand the process and what's going on.

At the end of the day using IPsec is a great idea. We have talked about
using that with other systems in the past. That is definitely worth
bringing up as an option at work.

The other option that is appealing is TTLS/PAP. I spun up a server at the
end of the day today to start testing that out. Does it play well with
active directory using Kerberos? That option sounds nice because traffic is
encrypted at both ends of the FreeRADIUS server.

I had been doing some research to get a better understanding on how all
this worked. Alan DeKok had some great references at deployingradius.com to
help me understand how all this works.

I really appreciate all your guys help and feedback. I wasn't sure if
FreeRADIUS had an active community or not. I've not seen a lot of talk in
the freenode IRC channel. Its really nice you guys have something like this
mailing list setup.