3.0.2: rlm_sql_null duplicating its statements

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 17:29:57 CEST 2014

On 11/04/14 15:47, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>>   I don't recall why that was changed.  There was a reason, right?
>>
>> Not in any way portable?
>
>    Maybe... but it does work somewhere.  It may be useful to use flock()
> where it works.  i.e. Linux.  That way the systems with sane APIs can
> get the benefit, and everyone else gets "best effort".

Bear in mind flock() has it's own set of insanities - locks are
inherited across fork *and* exec, amongst others. But it's at least
consistent with what 2.x has done for years ;o)

Assuming it gets accepted and BSD/MacOS follow suit, F_SETLKP should fix
fcntl() locking and this should, finally, go away.