FreeRADIUS auditory and performance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 15 03:18:19 CEST 2014

Antonio Fernández Pérez wrote:
> I would like to know how can I do this on my server: Check FreeRADIUS
> performance and authentication capacity.

  If you have less than 10K users, capacity doesn't matter.  If you have
more than 100K users, it's important, but not critical.  If you have
more than 1M users... it's critical.

> I have read about radperf but I can't download it from its web page.

  We're working on that.  The focus right now is documentation.

> On
> the other hand, I would like to know how can I monitor FreeRADIUS with
> SNMP ( It's very interesting to know how many users are connected, how
> many requests has received the server ...).

  See scripts/snmp-proxy

  Or, radmin.  Connect to the server and type "help".  See
sites-available/control-socket.