Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 108, Issue 64

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:54:10 CEST 2014

Yes, of course thanks Allan, just had to confirm there was not any
provision in place, although I already suspected what would the answer
would be.

The point is that I worked for some years in the Internet cable industry
and I dearly miss some of the controls there were in place, like the
equipment placing leasequeries calls to the DHCP server to confirm the
validity of a new IP from a customer, for instance.

About SQL, there used to be also a patched DHCP+TFTP package  with an eye
in the cable industry, called docsis-server. It was also very convenient
interesting in that it mapped the isc-dhcp configuration to well, MySQL
tables, simplifying a lot the development of glue software for customer
provisioning. I used it at least in two sites, until giving up on it
because it was too old and stopped being maintained. You might want to have
a look at it.

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rui-ribeiro/16/ab8/434