User-Name in the Accounting log is being stripped

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 15 16:44:09 CEST 2014

Clement Ogedengbe wrote:
> I am actually not using the detail file. I am using a customized "detail" section "accounting_log" defined in detail.log file. My detail.log file has the following sections:

  It would have been nice to say that in the first message.

> detail accounting_log {
>   detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%Y%m%d/accounting-detail
>   header = "%{Packet-Src-IP-Address} - %t"

  Which doesn't have the same header as the reply log.

> Below is extract from reply_log for a particular user
> Below is extract from accounting-detail for the same user

  Which you already posted.  There's no need to post it again.

  So the problem is that the "header" for the accounting data doesn't
match the header for the reply_log.  Right?

  And this is a surprise... why?  You edited the header for the
reply_log module.  You didn't edit the header for the accounting_log module.