User-Name in the Accounting log is being stripped

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 15 17:18:41 CEST 2014

Clement Ogedengbe wrote:
> Thanks.  I will edit the header for the accounting_log module, but can you please clarify as you can see from the reply_log itself (ignoring the accounting log for now) that the user-name in the header (xxxxx at live.ucl.ac.uk)  is not the same as the user-name in the details (xxxxx at live.) -
>

> Below is extract from reply_log for a particular user
> 10.255.252.248 Returned from roaming0.ja.net for User xxxxx at live.ucl.ac.uk - Tue Apr 15 10:49:59 2014
>         Packet-Type = Access-Accept
>         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "222"
>         User-Name = "xxxxx at live.">>>>>>>>> "The user-name here is not the same as the one in the header."

  That is the REPLY packet from the PROXY.  If you want to use that name
in the detail file, edit the "header" to use it.  See "man unlang" for
instructions on how to refer to attributes in the proxy reply.

  If you think that the User-Name in the reply from the proxy is
"wrong", blame the home server.  it's sending the reply.