New features in v3.0.3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 15 22:06:14 CEST 2014

  As part of our code cleanups and reorganizations, we've added some new
features to version 3.0.3.

  Previously, array references could only be used in string expansions.
 e.g. "%{Cisco-AVPair[2]}".  This limitation is problematic, so we've
fixed it.  You can now use array references in "unlang", in every place
attribute references were allowed before.  In some situations, this
doesn't make much difference.  In others, it makes a lot of difference.

  e.g. switch &Cisco-AVPair[2] {...}

  And even better (as an artificial example):

	update reply {
		Filter-Id[1] := &request:Cisco-AVPair[2]
	}

  In previous versions, it was impossible to update the second attribute
of the same name.  You could either update the first one, or delete all
of them, and re-create them.

  It's now possible to "reach into" a list, and re-write individual
attributes.

  Other new features include more sanity checks on inputs, so that more
errors in the configuration files are caught.   This means that dynamic
expansions are pre-parsed, as are regular expressions.

  Please respond if there are issues, questions, concerns, etc.