Stale sessions and simultaneous use issue

Josip Almasi joe at vrspace.org
Wed Apr 16 12:02:49 CEST 2014

On 04/15/2014 06:40 PM, Fernando Pizarro wrote:

> My first problem is the Accounting On/Off packet update *all* records of
> the NAS with the current timestamp as acctstoptime, acctterminatecause
> are "Nas-Reboot". I'm thinking how to modify accounting_onoff_query to
> adapt it to my requirements.

I get it. But it's supposed to work that way. (all records for restarted
NAS with null stoptime)
Silly but you don't get any timestamp with accounting-off packet, right?
Then I guess ntpd slave on both radius and nas machines would fix
acctsessiontime.

> I'm using hostapd as NAS and I need study how works roaming and session
> id of the clients and how to store that information on the database.

Uh hostapd:) It's fuzzy; lots of basic howtos to make things work, but
lacks precise docs.
Guess you'll spend a lot of time with radiusd -X output, have fun;)

Regards...