Duplicate release of IP ?

adrian.sandu at asandu.eu adrian.sandu at asandu.eu
Wed Apr 16 18:09:48 CEST 2014

>   Find an IP address which you think has been assigned to two people.
> Look through the logs for that IP address.  You will see FreeRADIUS
> assigning the IP to the user.  The Access-Accept will contain the IP,
> and a Session-Timeout.

I wish I wouldn't have a timeout though .. anyhow
The only thing with "Access-Accept" in the radius.log file I see is the
result of
[sql]   expand: INSERT INTO radpostauth (username, pass, reply,
authdate) VALUES ( '%{User-Name}',
'%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S')

>   Next, look for accounting packets for that user, which contain the
> IP.
>  This means that the NAS has still marked the IP as active for the
> user.

How would those look ?

>   Next, look for an accounting packet for that user which contains the
> IP, and is "Acct-Status-Type = Stop".  If it appears, FreeRADIUS should
> mark that IP as free.

PPPoE radius # grep -i "Acct-Status-Type" radius.log
Yells nothing .. for noone .. I might not have it enabled ?

>   So... what NAS are you using?  Is it doing RADIUS properly?

I'm using rp-pppoe with the radius plugin
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/pppoe

I think it's doing it right ..