PacketFence + HP Switches + code hacking

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Apr 17 16:28:50 CEST 2014

On 17 Apr 2014, at 09:12, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> One word of caution if you are planning on supporting VOIP phones with ability to connect a client to the network port on a phone. I tried using RFC 4675 to specify a tagged vlan for the phone and  mac/dot1x auth for the "other" device on a 2620. It works ..... for about 2 weeks and then the switch locks up reboot .... and it then works for another 2 weeks. Better than a 2610 which then reboots! Manually configuring the switch to support lldp-med works though.
>
> Apparently the 2600 series doesn't support RFC4675 .... took  while to find that out :-((

I'm pretty sure they do support tagged VLANs, you should log a bug report with HP, they are generally responsive.

They should send you a debug build with the ASSERTS turned on, which should help track the problem down.

Ask for Tonny Mulder, or Marinus Rosenbrand when you get through to EMEA support. If they're uncooperative
contact me off list and and i'll help you get it fixed.

FreeRADIUS Development Team