SELINUX blocks radius but not when using radiusd -X (debug)

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at ja.net
Thu Apr 17 23:11:42 CEST 2014

On 17 Apr 2014, at 21:38, Michael Monette <mmonette at 2keys.ca> wrote:
> I start radius in Debug with "radiusd -X" and from my client I login with my RADIUS credentials(really..ldap creds) and it works. No problem.

Running as root.

> I stop radiusd in debug, and run a 'service radiusd start'. I try to login again and it fails!

Running as radiusd.

If you're running something redhat based, install policycoreutils-python, and have a read through the output of:

  # audit2allow -a -w

Something may be incorrectly tagged (look at the man page for chcon), or you may need to write a bit of policy.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

   gpg: 0x6609D460

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238