[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Apr 22 16:19:51 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM, yata <aurens.memuro02 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Fajar
> Thanks for reply.
>
> I checked users file, username and password is set correctly I think.
> I saw following default setting at line 172.
>
> --------------------------------
> # Default for PPP: dynamic IP address, PPP mode, VJ-compression.
> # NOTE: we do not use Hint = "PPP", since PPP might also be auto-detected
> # by the terminal server in which case there may not be a "P" suffix.
> # The terminal server sends "Framed-Protocol = PPP" for auto PPP.
> #
> DEFAULT Framed-Protocol == PPP <------- line 172
>  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
> --------------------------------
>
> user information is below.
> --------------------------------
> user at mondomaine.fr   Cleartext-Password := "test"
>  Pool-Name := "pool1",
>  NAS-IP-Address == 10.0.5.200,
>  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>  Fall-Through = yes
> --------------------------------
>

> So, Shouldn't I set Framed-Protocol at user information ?

Is it on the same file, i.e. users file? The user info is not picked up by
FR. I suggest you try these:
- read the man page ("man 5 users")
- try a simple user entry first, e.g.

user at mondomaine.fr   Cleartext-Password := "test"

that is, without any reply items on the following lines.

- if that works, find out what's wrong with your original entry. My guess
is that you mixed up check and reply atttribute order (again, the man page
should be able to tell you if that's the case)

--
Fajar