FreeRADIUS & MAC authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 30 17:21:15 CEST 2014

Russell Mike wrote:
> authorize {
>
> authorized_macs
>
>   # if not found accept access
>
>   if (!ok) {
>
>  accept

  You can't just put "accept" into the configuration file.

> # Here I also want to say that if record found, look for accept and
> reject field in DB. i need little help

  What do you mean by that?  What are the "accept and reject fields"?

  You have an idea as to what you want to do.  But you're explaining it
using the idea itself...  "I want to do stuff with stuff".  Well...
that's not helpful.

> it seems to be little tricky for me, once i have already said, accept if
> record NOT found.

  The example in the Wiki shows how to force Auth-Type = Accept.  Use that.

> how can i say again look for (accept/reject) entry if
> record found.

  Look for accept/reject WHERE?

  If you want to put accept/reject into the authorized_macs file... just
do that.  Add another field to the file.  Do this by using a text
editor.  Then, edit the "authorized_macs" module definition to add that
field.

  All of this is documented in detail.