CPU utilization

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 14:46:32 CEST 2014

On 01/08/14 09:57, Stefano PASCALI wrote:
> Hi FR folks,
>
> I got a strange cpu load on my FR installation. Sometimes CPU
> utilization rises to 100% and FR service doesn't respond anymore to
> the clients. I got two virtual servers enabled: default and
> inner-tunnel and their configurations are the provided ones by the FR
> installation. Configuration details in the following:
>
> OS: Ubuntu server 14.04 Deamon: freeradius 2.1.12+dfsg-1.2ubuntu8

Upgrade to 2.2.5. I can't remember, since 2.1.12 is so old, but I think
there are a couple of spin/lock bugs, and there are certainly security
issues.

See:

https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable

...if you don't want to compile.

If it still happens with 2.2.5, come back and people will be willing to
look at it. But no-one wants to look at your problem with 2.1.12 I'm afraid!