Upgrading FreeRadius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 14:29:46 CEST 2014

Hi,

>    We have FreeRadius v2.2.0 running on Centos 6 VMs and want to upgrade to
>    v2.2.5.
>
>    Various files in /usr/local/etc/raddb have been customised for use with
>    our eduroam network.
>
>    Is there a recommended upgrade method for v2.2.5?

do what you did to build/install 2.2.0

before you 'make install' you should do a backup copy *just in case* eg
cp -R /usr/local/etc/raddb /usr/local/etc/raddb.backup

FreeRADIUS installer should not touch any files that already exist -
however, note that this means some files (eg dictionary files) might not have newer
entries in..and any FreeRADIUS config files that use new features/expose new features
wont be seen in your config - so read/compare the new 2.2.5 src raddb entries to see what
you are missing out on :-)

alan