Serving multiple groups of users - by SSID

Alex Gregory alex at c2company.com
Mon Aug 18 23:39:56 CEST 2014

This caught my eye on how I am trying to things and that my approach might be incorrect.

Might this practice be better than I am trying to do with post auth and passing filter-id variable based on LDAP group?

Marcus, in his example, has different AP’s with certain users being able to access each.  I have an AP with two SSID’s being served from it.  Similar need but slightly different implementation.

I have two groups of users and two LDAP groups:

SSID - Company_Corp
with users in "ou=corp,ou=Users,dc=team,dc=company,dc=com"

and

SSID - Company_Dev
with users in "ou=dev,ou=Users,dc=team,dc=company,dc=com"

I was going to LDAP group match and pass that down in a variable to the Meraki to apply firewall filters.  Is it better to do this with virtual servers and more than one LDAP lookup?

Could I have two LDAP modules with two virtual servers with each looking at a specific group without the sub flag enabled?  Then I could just point each network at a different port for Radius lookups on the same host.

What is the proper way to configure this with 3.x?

Thanks,

Alex